MHFA is the help provided to a person developing a mental health issue or experiencing a mental health crisis. Just as physical First Aid is administered to an injured person before medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is given until appropriate medical treatment is found or the crisis has been resolved.
This 12-hour course may be conducted in a public space where other interested individuals will also be educated or, (with a qualified number of participants), classes may be conducted within your organizations’ offices.
REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING MHFA COURSE
HOW DO YOU BENEFIT FROM COMPLETING MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID?
- Teach you how to recognize and understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues.
- Teach you how to recognize and understand the signs and symptoms of substance abuse
- Teach you how to provide emergency help.
- Teach you how to guide a person in need to obtaining professional help.
- Preserve life where a person may be in danger to themselves or others.
- Provide help to prevent the mental health issue from developing into a more serious state.
- Promote the recovery of good mental health.
- Provide comfort to a person experiencing a mental health problem.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM COMPLETING THIS COURSE?
- Managers overseeing staff
- Crisis Counsellors
- Business Owners
- Human Resources Professionals
- In-house nursing staff
- Any professional in direct contact with staff
Please see our Upcoming Events to find available upcoming courses, or Contact Us to discuss hosting this course for your staff at your facility.